RAY.BBDM, an Odgers Berndtson company, is managing a search process for one of the largest business groups in Portugal. Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join one of its companies, in Porto, whose business is related to investment management across different sectors.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Strategic Financial Planning and Analysis: Drive financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting initiatives. Understand and evaluate individual businesses’ strategic and financial plans, identifying the main contributions and key implications. Promote strategic thinking and ensure a close interaction with the businesses’ teams to follow on the strategy execution and financial performance. Review, discuss and integrate contributions from different businesses into one aggregate plan.
- Performance Oversight: Monitor KPIs and financial metrics of different businesses/sectors. Evaluate the overall financial health and performance of diverse business units. Analyze variances against budgets and targets, understanding the why and implications. Identify improvement areas and collaborate on corrective actions. Track the execution of strategic plans.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare comprehensive monthly reports for the Executive Committee and Board, supporting the decision making, through specific analyses and recommendations. Create support information reports for the centralized planning and control team.
- Business Partnership: Collaborate with stakeholders, including top management and other teams. Provide analytical support for informed decision-making in business operations.
- Process Improvement: Drive ongoing improvements in financial processes and systems. Enhance operational efficiency, accuracy, and transparency. Explore opportunities and implement financial tools/technologies to manage centrally information received from different businesses.
- Risk Management: Contribute to financial risk assessments. Assist in devising mitigation strategies. Assist the Head of Finance in cash flow monitoring and optimization initiatives, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, capacity to question and challenge business assumptions;
- Multi-tasking master, able to manage several business units and different sources of information at the same time;
- Proactive mindset and intellectual curiosity;
- Ready to assume great responsibility and accountability;
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Management or similar;
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience within Portfolio Monitoring, Planning and Control, Financial and/or Management Control, Corporate Finance or Management Consulting;
- Previous experience in functions like Corporate Business Controller, Private Equity Portfolio Manager, FP&A Analyst, Financial Business Analyst, and similar will be valued;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools, particularly Excel (advanced level) and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in English (mandatory and will be tested); knowledge of other languages will be valued.